Stone chip, door scratch...don’t go Nuts, Go MotorNuts for a touch up or re-spray!
MotorNuts have another exciting new product line that customers are going to love...colour matched paints, mixed to order.
Always on a mission to make things easier for our car loving customers we have an exclusive new product and system from leading brand MPEX to match the right coloured paint to your vehicle.
Previously to get a colour matched paint you would need to know your paint code, or be sent to look it up on your vehicle.
We have an online exclusive bit of software that allows us to do the hard work for you.
Simply select whether you need a touch up pot and brush, touch up high precision pen or aerosol spray, then give us your reg and we will mix the exact colour match touch up and dispatch straight to you.
There are paint matches for cars, motorcycles, commercial and agricultural vehicles, available in over 77,000 colours including RAL, BS and pantone shades.
We have teamed up with leading specialists MPEX on these paints because they are body shop standard 1k quality paints.
Unlike cheap paints which can give far less accuracy in colour matches and can be prone to reactions or contaminations our MPEX paint is professional quality 1k air dried paint using a tinter system so gives a far more precise paint match.
For a small scratch – our high precision touch up pen perfectly applies the paint within the scratch without leaving excess on the bodywork.
For a scratch, scrape or chip wider than 3mm our touch up pot with its flat, fine brush head is the perfect way to apply your paint.
For re sprays – our colour match aerosols with adjustable nozzle gives a body shop quality finish.
MPEX paints are currently being advertised on DAVE...the TV home of motoring nuts...check out the ad here.
The new motoring laws you need to know about from Spring 2018
There are a number of new and changing laws that all motorist need to be aware of from this May so here is a round up from out MotorNuts.
· New MOT system
As from May the MOT system will introduce new categories in theory making it harder to pass if you have any defects.
Issues will now be flagged as:
Dangerous and major will both deem fails. Minor, along with advisory issues that are noted now will be passed.
In addition Diesel Filters now form part of the check and daytime running lights will also be checked from now on. Vehicles over 40 years old will now be exempt from needing an MOT.
· Motorway misuse fines
With the increase of ‘smart motorways’ and the use of the hard shoulder in busy times drivers are also taking it upon themselves to ‘misuse’ the hard shoulder using it in non busy times when indicated closed (with the red X). Previously motorists have received warning letters of the cameras caught them using the hard shoulder but from now onwards they will be punished with a £100 fine and three penalty points on their license.
· Learner drivers – ON the motorway
As from June you will see L Plates on the motorway. Learner drivers accompanied by driving instructors with full dual control cars will now be allowed on the motorways as part of their lessons in order to better prepare them for once they’ve passed.
· New drivers – OFF the roads after dark
A quarter of car accidents which lead to death or injury occur from drivers between 17 and 24 and more than 40 percent of all fatal car accidents occur at night. With these startling figures it is now wonder that leaders are pushing to bring in new legislation banning young people and new drivers from driving at night.
· Digital driving licences
The DVLA are finalising the details to roll out the digital driving licence meaning drivers could soon never be without their licence with a version on every smart phone. The plans are to have this as well and not instead of the photo cards.
One thing that hasn’t changed is that www.MotorNuts.co.uk has thousands of car parts and accessories available whatever your motoring needs – we are THE Nuts when it comes to motoring!
Knowing the tyre size of your vehicle is handy, and when it comes to buying the right space saver it's essential. Some people think the wheel size is what matters but it's the tyre size that we need to work out the correct space saver for your vehicle.
So first up, HOW to find it. Then, when you do, you need to be able to understand it! It's not as complex as it sounds and here is the Motornuts guide to getting it right..
You may have never even looked properly at your tyres; most people think that as long as they're not flat or bald then everything's fine. A closer look will reveal your tyre size as it's usually printed right there on the side. To the uninitiated, it looks like a tangled jumble of figures but everything has a specific meaning.
As an example, let's say you look for your vehicle's tyre size and see something like this: 205/55/R16/91/V. Here's how it breaks down:
- The first number (205 in this example) is the width of the tyre in millimetres
- The next number refers to the height of the tyre's sidewall, expressed as a percentage of the width. This number is also known as the 'aspect ratio' or 'tyre profile'. Lower profiles give greater control and handling but can mean a harder ride. If going to a lower profile with the same size tyres, speedometer readings will be affected and it is important to rectify this problem
- The next figure is preceded by the letter 'R', which stands for rim. The number itself refers to the diameter of the tyre's inner rim, expressed in inches
- Following this is another number (in this case 91) which refers to the load rating of the tyre
- The final letter represents the speed rating, which is the maximum speed recommended for the tyre at full load. The lettering system is somewhat bizarre and comprises, in order; N, P, Q, R, S, T, U, H, V, Z, W, Y. The higher up in this list indicates a higher maximum speed.
The space saver wheels we sell from RoadHero solve a genuine problem with as many as two thirds of new cars not coming with spare wheels or space savers but repair kits instead and we find that most drivers prefer the peace of mind of having a traditional spare.
The RoadHero kits are specific to different vehicles make, model and year. If you cannot find your vehicle in our listings please contact our team for help.
The guys at Sainsburys bank have pulled together this super handy infographic of all the basics you need to know when it comes to car maintenance.
Once you've carried out the basic checks whether you need car parts, oils, bulbs whatever - we have the parts and accessories for the job.
MotorNuts are Nuts about cars – especially exciting new ones, so we are taking a look at what’s in store for 2018.
1) Super SUVsThe influx of super SUVs continues with facelifts from Land Rover Discovery SVX and Nissan Juke and new models from most of the big players including a Volkswagen T-Cross, Mercedes GLE 4x4, Citroen C5 Aircross and Jaguar I-Pace.
2) Budget BusterSticking with the SUVs, set to shake up the market for a second time is the budget busting new Dacia Duster.
3) BMW boomBMW has an exciting line up for the year including the new z4 which is looking particularly menacing and a highly anticipated facelift for the much loved 3 series as well as the launches of the X7, X4 X2, i8 and 8 series.
4) Awesome AudisAwesome new Audis due out this year include the compact SQ2, the sizeable Q8 and the new electric e-Tron as well as facelifts for the Q3, A1 and A6.
5) Face lifts for FordsFord have facelifts for their favourites Focus and Fiesta as well as their SUV Eco Sport plus we love a Mustang, and there’s an even better beastier looking one of those on the way too.
6) Super duper super carsSuper new super cars from the fastest SUV the Lamborghini Urus to face lifts for favourites the Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster, Aston Martin Vantage,Ferrari Portofino and a re-launch for the TVR Griffith
Also due out in 2018 are:
Alfa Romeo ‘5 Series’ rival
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
Bentley Flying Spur
Citroen C5 Aircross
DS 7 Crossback
Honda CR-V Hybrid
Hyundai i30 Fastback
Mercedes AMG GT four-door coupe
Range Rover PHEV
Renault Megane RS
SEAT large SUV
SEAT Ateca Cupra
Suzuki Swift Sport
Toyota Land Cruiser
Vauxhall Insignia GSi
Volkswagen up! GTI
The new caravanning season is nearly here so now is the time to gear up for a fun, smooth sailing run of caravan holidays. Before you get too excited and go dashing off, it's essential that you've got everything you need to make your break safe and successful.
The team at Motornuts have pulled together our guide to the top ten products and accessories that will make sure your holiday is memorable for all the right reasons.
- Sanitation. Keeping your toilet facilities clean is up there as an essential in order to avoid them becoming a health hazard. We have a vast range of products in stock that will keep your facilities (and the rest of your caravan!) smelling nice and fresh, including the Elsan Blue and Pink toilet fluid twin pack. Together, the products kill all germs and bacteria as well as preventing algae buildup.
- Tyre Pressure Gauges. You don't want anything slowing you down so make sure that your tyres are properly pumped with one of our range of pressure gauges.
- Tyre Inflators. If your tyre pressure is too low, especially once the car and caravan are fully loaded - simply inflate to the correct pressure with a handy inflator
- Lighting. Being safe means being seen and we have a wide selection of lights for both inside and out; from awning lights to torches and bulbs for all lights.
- Power supplies and leads. Whether gas, electric or solar, this section contains all the accessories you're likely to need.
- Tools. As an essential to have on board the 30-piece KAMASA tool kit comes highly recommended. It contains a mains voltage tester, combination pliers, water pump pliers, magnetic bit driver, D socket adaptor, 6 screwdrivers and 19 screwdriver bits.+
- First Aid. Accidents can happen anywhere and at any time so it's important to be prepared, particularly as you may be at some distance from medical facilities. Our vast range of first aid products is designed to cover all eventualities.
- Battery chargers and testers. Keep the power flowing with our choice selection of chargers and testers, all designed to give the fastest response.
- Security. The last thing you want is for your holiday to come to an abrupt end because your caravan has been stolen so be sure to protect it properly with a wheel clamp, hitch lock or tracker.
- Accessories. To complete your caravan experience we have all the accessories you could need, from jockey wheels to caravan covers, storage bags, towing mirrors/stabilisers/accessories and caravan steps.
Enjoy browsing the full range and order today for fast delivery. Happy holidays!
South Korea is one of most technologically-developed nations in the world and is home to Kia, the globally-recognised vehicle designer and manufacturer. Kia have produced many models of car, such as the Rio, and continue to bring new generations of their best-selling model, the Sportage, to market.
The Kia Sportage, a compact SUV, is now in its 4th generation, examples of which were unveiled at the Frankfurt Auto Show in September of 2015. The revamped, resigned Sportage hit the market soon after, in 2016, quickly overtaking the Kia Rio as the company's best selling model globally.
With super-smooth surfaces and contrasting yet complementary sharp edges, the design of the latest generation of the Sportage was inspired by modern fighter jets. There are three petrol engines (1.6 litre, 2 litre and 2.4 litre) and one diesel engine (2 litre) in the Sportage lineup.
The Kia Sportage was a new entry to the Autocar list of the top 10 bestselling cars in the UK (at position 8) and is seen as a strong rival of the Nissan Qashqai (at position 6). This means it is the second-bestselling SUV on the market and sales continue to be buoyant after two years of being on garage forecourts.
Several awards and recognitions have been given to the Sportage, notably the "top safety pick" in 2017 from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and the Red Dot Award for Car Design in 2016.
If you own one of these exceptional vehicles, then why not kit it out with parts and accessories from Motornuts? As for almost any other vehicle you care to name, we have a plethora of options to help you customise and care for your Kia Sportage including:
- Tailored-fit mats to protect the precious interior of your vehicle
- Space-saving spare wheel to make sure you're prepared in case of emergency
- Car-specific oil and other treatments to keep your Sportage running smoothly
- Disklok/Bulldog to keep your car secure
- Hayne's manual to help you carry out your own repairs and avoid those costly mechanic/bills
Check out all of the parts and accessories available for your Sportage on our website and give our expert team a call for further information and support. Happy Driving!
The VW Golf needs little introduction. For many years, this versatile Volkswagen has maintained its high placing in the best selling car charts; in fact it’s the current best selling car in Europe and comes second only to the ubiquitous Ford Fiesta in the UK.
Described as a ‘consummate all-rounder’ the VW Golf is now in its seventh generation and gets better all the time; the latest version introduced has had a full facelift which helped to make it the best selling car in the UK in June 2017. Reviewed time and time again the iconic Golf is never award less than 4 stars out of 5. In short, if you don’t own one and you’re looking for a motor, the VW Golf should be extremely high on your shortlist.
At MotorNuts, we specialise in helping you to get the most out of your vehicle, whatever you choose to drive. Here are 5 ways to make the most of your VW Golf…
- Car Mats: Make sure the interior of your Golf is always spick-and-span with car mats perfectly tailored to fit, front and back. As well as protecting your car’s interior, the mats harmoniously improve the aesthetics
- Space Saver Wheel: It's vitally important to be prepared incase of a puncture or blow out. Get a full size, steel wheel fitted with tyre. Complete with jack and wheel brace for fitting, and it doesn't end there... all stored in a handy bag to keep in your car boot
- Haynes Manual: The absolute classic car-diy manual is available for the VW Golf. Carrying out small but vital repairs is made easy with the format and could save you a packet in garage fees
- Disklok/Bulldog: Everyone known how important car security is; unfortunately just locking the doors is not always enough. With a Disklok steering wheel lock or a Bulldog wheel clamp you get the extra peace of mind
- Oil: We can specify and supply the best oil you’ll need to keep your car purring like a pussycat
Browse our website today for more accessories or to fine the parts you need for your Golf or any vehicle!
Your trusty Transit van is with you every step of the way; every delivery, every job – from early starts to butty breaks and the long road home.
This reliable work horse works as hard as you do and then some so why not give your van a treat, inside and out with our tailored Ford Transit products.
Protect your vans original interior with our Town and Country tailored fit heavy duty seat covers which are waterproof and stain resistant.
Covers are available for the driver’s seat, double front passenger seats as well as custom crew and combi rear seat covers depending on your set up and for all the Ford Vans; Transit Custom and Connect plus the Ford Ranger pickup and Ford Minibuses.
Treatments and additives
Simple engine treatments can improve performance, reduce emissions, increase efficiency, clean build ups and ultimately prevent engine mishaps and extend life span.
We’d recommend MPEX Diesel Detox Pro – a multipurpose product this innovative treatment addresses all common deposit related problems, restoring performance loss caused by a dirty and inefficient fuel system.
The much loved Haynes manuals cover everything for service and repair; from simple roadside fixes, through general maintenance and MOT checks to full restorations - always handy to have with you to check what’s what under your bonnet.
With vehicle theft up as thieves out smart newer technology drivers are reverting to more traditional security methods. We have a massive range of vehicle security products perfect for your Transit; the Bulldog DC400 or Centaur CA 2000 wheel clamps, a Disklok steering wheel lock or external van door lock are all excellent visible deterrents.
Space saver spare wheel
Are you prepared should you get a puncture in your Transit? To get you back on the road quickly and easily with minimal down time make sure you have a space saver spare wheel – we have different wheels for different years of the Transit Courier and Tourneo models.
In addition to these 5 Transit essentials we have a wide range of accessories as well as all the indispensable car parts for the Ford Transit, the UKs best selling van.
Do you like to run risks or do you like to be prepared? What would you do if you got a flat tyre? Do you have a spare wheel or a repair kit or neither?
Over the last few years more and more manufacturers now sell their new cars without a spare wheel so as many as two thirds of newer cars now don’t have one
Instead manufacturers are providing various repair kits or tyre foam or slime which has limited success depending on the damage or cause of the flat.
MotorNuts are a leading supplier of Road Hero space saver spare wheels and we sell lots day in, day out.
A recent conversation with a new customer highlighted the real costs of not having a spare when he got a flat tyre on the dual carriage way on a family day out.
- Our customers first port of call was to phone his breakdown provider who couldn’t get to him for a number of hours so instead he had to phone for an emergency call out to be towed off the dual carriage way. Cost - £150
- Disheartened by the breakdown provider and with time ticking he found a mobile tyre fitter who he called out to get him back on the road. As they don’t do mobile repairs he provided and fitted one new tyre - £200
- In all the delays he had to feed his disgruntled family whilst they waited — £50
- After all the headache and cost he ended the process £400 lighter still with no spare wheel. If he had a space saver he could have simply changed to it and had the damaged tyre repaired at a garage for around £15.
He is now the proud owner of a space saver... you don’t make the same mistake twice.