How to Order
- Please enter your vehicle registration or paint code.
- If you are prompted, please fill in the make/model and basic shade boxes.
- Then simply click the add to basket button
*Please note - the colour / shade name is only an indication of your basic standard colour provided by the DVLA.
Our advanced paint mixing machine will mix your paint to the exact colour code of your vehicle.
Our paint mixing system is linked directly into the vehicle manufacturer and main dealer’s databases.
PaintNuts professional colour matched aerosol paints come with a precision spray nozzle and adjustable pan spray pattern which achieves an even spread and body shop quality finish.
The 400ml aerosol is ideal for bodywork repairs; dent repairs, wing mirrors and bumpers - these colour matched aerosols are just the job for big or small repairs or customisations and can be perfectly teamed with our professional PaintNuts primers, lacquers, and MPEX body fillers.
When using an aerosol, we’d recommend starting with our PaintNuts primer to help the paint stick – especially for use on any rust or filler if there are more damaged areas - then for an added protection and even finish top with a coat of PaintNuts lacquer.
PaintNuts uses only professional quality, body shop standard 1k air dried paint providing excellent coverage and protection and a more precise colour match than regular 2k paints.
This combined with the precision spray nozzle means that unlike basic aerosols you can spray either horizontally or vertically and achieve superior results.
DIRECTION OF USE
Depending on your damage in most cases with an aerosol we would recommend using a Primer first.
- Once you are ready to apply the paint start by flattening down the area using a wet and dry sandpaper to ensure any defects are diminished - we recommend the Norton Topcoat project pack.
The surface must be clean and dry - make sure all wax, polish and grease is removed. For best results use PaintNuts Panel Wipe spray and a Degreasing Cloth then a Sticky Tac Rag to remove any dust.
Shake & Test
- Shake aerosol for 2-3 minutes to ensure the paint within the can is mixed.
- Before applying the paint to the vehicle, we recommend testing the colour and which spray pattern you require, you can adjust the nozzle to spray horizontally or vertically.
On white card - check how many coats you require to match the original colour. Too few coats will look too light, too much paint/ too many coats will make the colour too dark.
Paint & Finish
- Either vertically or horizontally apply in smooth cross coats 250mm distance from the repair.
- Leave to dry for 15 minutes before applying a second coat if necessary and leave 4 hours before applying PaintNuts lacquer.
- After use turn the aerosol upside down to empty nozzle valve to clean then it can be reused at a later date.
PLEASE NOTE: – Aerosols should not be applied in cold, damp weather – it will adversely affect the application, finish, and drying time.
The recommended minimum temperature for using spray paint is 15+ degrees, preferably room temperature indoors in a warm and well-ventilated area.