We are the Nuts when it comes to car parts and have all the brake parts you could need.
Brakes have come a long way to being the super safe systems we see in our cars today, when you identify a problem with your brakes the logic and solutions are easy to diagnose but it isn’t always a quick straightforward fix so if you have any doubts ask an expert or take it to a garage.
Typical signs that there is a problem with your brakes the cause and diagnosis:
- If your car pulls to one side when braking that could indicate a brake calliper problems, seized up brake pad sliders or uneven brake disc wear
- If there is a grinding noise when braking it suggests brake pad or brake shoes need replacing
- If it starts to feel spongy when you put your foot on the pedal could be brake pads, brake hoses, brake fluid replacement or the brake system needs bleeding
- If your parking or handbrake starts to pull up too far then it is likely you need a new handbrake cable
- If your ABS warning light comes on your dash board then it usually means your ABS sensors are faulty or need replacing, which would usually require the use of diagnostics.
- If your brake fluid needs topping up regularly then this would indicate a problem so check the brake hoses, wheel cylinders and brake callipers for leaks